MARHOLM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 7th JULY 2016

COMMENCED AT 7.00PM AND FINISHED AT 8.00PM

Present:

T Hawkins (Chairperson & Councillor)                 P Nuttall (Vice Chairperson & Councillor)          

G Haythornthwaite (Councillor & Honorary Clerk)         Peter Hill (Councillor)

Sue Welch (Councillor)

 

Minutes of the last meetings

The minutes for the last Parish Council Meeting on 12th May 2016 were agreed and signed as a true record of this meeting

 

Matters arising from the last minutes

  • Castor Development – no update available at the meeting but the following has been received by email from Cllr Peter Hiller afterwards:
  • Due to the sheer number of sites which have been put forward to the LPA the times have slipped. What was originally planned to be made public for consultation July/August will now (The new draft Local Plan) become a public document in October, as part of the committee papers for the Sustainable Growth Scrutiny Committee (date still to be confirmed). The draft Plan will then be presented to cabinet on 7 November, with consultation taking place about three weeks later for six weeks.
  • The MPC has agreed to communicate when the consultation process is open to villagers. It will encourage as many as possible to log on to the Planning Portal and register their views. The more comments the PCC receives the more likely they are to take notice of them.
  • The MPC will review the documents when they are available and communicate any concerns that they have at that time.
  • Litter Picking – this was raised previously and it was agreed that we did want to continue to have village litter picking days. The following  was agreed:
  • The litter can be left in the village hall car park ready for the council to collect it
  • On the day of the litter picking, we will ask for a volunteer to drive around and pick up the rubbish
  • Contact to be made with Mark Brown to establish if he wants to continue to arrange and book the dates. If he doesn’t the MPC will take on responsibility for setting the dates. Mark Brown has the litter picking equipment, if he doesn’t want to continue, then we need to establish what belongs to the village and what belongs to Mark Brown  – Sue Welch
  • The dates for the litter picking to be communicated via the village email system
  • There was concern raised about the lack of rubbish collections by the PCC. It was agreed to write to the PCC and find out how the village can get more collections arranged – Philip Nuttall
  • Asset of Community Value – the MPC has applied for the land that the village hall is built on which is owned by Milton Estate to be registered with the PCC as an asset of community value. This is going through the process at the moment.

 

MPC Finances

The Financial Statement up to 30th June 2016 of the financial the year ended 31st March 2017 was reviewed:

Balance brought forward                    £3,986.90

Precept                                               £1,493.50

Precept                                               £ 0.00

Transparency Fund                            £ 0.00

Bank Interest                                      £ 0.00

Receipts Total                                     £1,493.50

Expenditure                                        £ 0.00

Balance carried forward                    £5,480.40                   

 

Represented by Bank Statement:

Lloyds Treasurers Account             £5,480.40

 

Planning Applications

18 Castor Road – two storey and single storey extension at the back of the property. The MPC reviewed the details of the application and are in support of this development. It was agreed that in the event that this application goes to the full planning committee, the Chair would attend to represent the views of the MPC.

 

Village Projects

  • We have received a quote from Steve Shaw to erect a gateway at the entrance to the village nearest to the Crematorium. The quote is £750 for labour and materials. The MPC agreed to go ahead with this.
  •  The MPC will review this one and then decide whether to build further gateways at the other entrances to the village.

AOB

  • Parking on the pavements in the village was raised as an issue. It was agreed to write to the Police and the Highways department to find out if this is legal and what can be done about it  - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • Slow down signs at the Ufford end of the village are faulty. They have been reported on a number of occasions, but there has been no action. It was agreed to report again and raise with the highways department by email – Sue Welch / Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • The Bridge at Water End has rotten wooden posts and they need replacing. This has been reported on numerous occasions but there has been no action. It was agreed to report again and raise with the highways department by email – Sue Welch / Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • Defibrillator – it was agreed that the MPC would sign up to the VETs Scheme (Voluntary Emergency Contact Scheme). It is free for the first year and thereafter £100 per year. This will be arranged through Community Heartbeat and we will need to identify 10 volunteers from the village (they must have a land line)

 

Date of the next Parish Council Meeting is Thursday 15th September 2016 at 7pm in the Village Hall

If any Marholm Resident has something they would like to raise with the Parish Council, please Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.