MARHOLM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 26th SEPTEMBER 2019

COMMENCED AT 7.00PM AND FINISHED AT 8.45PM

 

Present:

T Hawkins (Chairperson & Councillor)                       P Nuttall (Vice Chairperson & Councillor)      

G Haythornthwaite (Councillor & Honorary Clerk)    Sean Elliott (Councillor)

Sue Welch (Councillor)

            

10 residents from the village attended

  1. 1.Minutes of the last meeting

The minutes for the Parish Council Meeting on 4th July 2019 were agreed and signed as a true record of the meeting.

  1. 2.Matters arising from the last Parish Council Meeting
  • ·Repair / restore village sign – Mike Atkinsonhas investigated the post to see if it needs replacing. He has agreed to do some repairs to the base of the post and then it will need lead flashing to avoid future weathering and rotting. The sign needs to be taken down to be repaired and repainted. It was agreed we would wait until after Remembrance Sunday but needs to be completed before the re-dedication of the war memorial in May 2020. We also need to find someone to repaint the sign. Linda Guy said she would look at the sign and see if she could do this.
  • ·Clean / replace the road name signs – contact has been made with the PCC about the road name signs. We have been asked to provide information on these signs to see if the PCC will replace them. A photographic survey of the road name signs has been completed and this information will be forward to PCC for their consideration – Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • ·100thAnniversary of the dedication of the war memorial – check the invite has been received by David Ridgeway via the Castor Office - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • ·VETs – need to arrange for a test to be carried out – Sue Welch
  • ·Painting lampposts to match – this needs to be chased up again
  • ·11 Walton Road – response has been received from the Planning Department. There have been no breaches of planning regulations
  • ·Dark spot on Walton Road – this needs to be checked to see if it has been completed
  • ·Additional road signage – this needs to be chased up again
  1. 3.Werrington Grade Separation

Rob Norman attended the meeting and gave an overview of the current status of the project. The project is about on time or possibly a week behind. The project is still due to be completed in summer of 2021, although there will still be some finishing off to put the site back to how it was, and this could take up to a further 12 months.

The railway line between Grantham and London will be closed for 9 days in February 2020 so that they can tunnel under the rail tracks.

Some issues were raised about the width of the new road and the bridle way which has a special surface for horses. Rob Norman confirmed that these have been built to the agreed specification.

There is a possibility that a site tour could be arranged. Rob Norman to check into this and confirm – Gillian Haythornthwaite

If residents have any queries, then raise with the Parish Clerk and these will be passed to Rob Norman.

 

  1. 4.Rams Hill – dangerous section of road

Andy Speechley one of the residents at Rams Hill raised a serious concern about the number of accidents including the death of a motorcyclist on the section of road in front of their houses.

The residents are just waiting for another serious accident or fatality to happen and this is very stressful. Efforts have been made to get something done via the police but have not been successful.

It was agreed the MPC will raise with the Highways department to see if additional signage can be put up to slow down the traffic and to ask if there are any other suggestions to make this stretch of road safer.

  1. 5.MPC Finances

Balance brought forward:                         £5,949.65

Precept:                                                    £ 0.00

Expenditure:                                             £ 0.00

Represented by Bank Statement:             £5,949.65

Lloyds Treasurers Account

Budget for 2020/2021 was agreed:

Village Hall (8 standard and 2 exceptional meetings)            £100.00

Insurance                                                                                £190.00

Remembrance Day Wreath 2015                                           £19.00

Rededication of the War Memorial                                        £250.00

Defibrillator Running Costs                                                     £50.00

Website Running Costs                                                           £100.00

Village Improvements                                                            £600.00

Training                                                                                   £250.00

VETS                                                                                        £100.00

Grand Total                                                                             £1,659.00

                  

            

  1. 6.Planning Applications
  • ·No planning applications have been received
  1. 7.“Best Kept Village” Projects

Discussion took place on future projects:

  • ·Brambles need pruning from around the area near the Gateways
  • ·Cherry Tree on Walton Road needs pruning again – hiding the speed sign and has caused a lot of straw to be deposited on the road
  • ·Road cleaning – this doesn’t seem to be happening. Check with the PCC what should be done - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • ·Hedges are growing over the footpaths on Walton Road and Woodcroft Road – raise with the Highways department as pedestrians have to step into the road to avoid them and this is dangerous - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • ·Find out what the schedule of grass cutting is to align the litter pick timing
  • ·Old playing field behind the Green Man Pub – could this be developed into an orchard or nice planted area – check with Milton Estate - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  • ·Dead Tree on the corner of Water End and Stamford Road – needs to be cut down and replaced - Gillian Haythornthwaite
  1. 8.Litter Pick
  • ·The next litter pick will be 16thNovember 2019 at 10am at the Village Hall.
  1. 9.AOB
  • ·Chair has stated that he wishes to stand down as a Parish Councillor. Process for resigning and recruiting a replacement to be checked with Mark Emson the Election Officer – Gillian Haythornthwaite

Next meeting has been changed to 14th November 2019 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

If any Marholm Resident has something they would like to raise with the Parish Council, please Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.